Here are answers to the most commonly asked questions about the Jr. 76ers Overnight Camps. If you don't see the answer to your question, please feel free to call 610-668-7676.
- What do all campers receive as part of camp attendance?
All campers receive the following:
- Official camp reversible practice jersey
- Official camp handbook
- Official camp player evaluation
- Certificate of Achievement
- Can my child be assigned to the same room as his/her friend?
All rooms will be single occupancy for Summer 2021; however, players my request to be in the same dorm or on the same floor as their friend/family member.
- Should I select a full two-week session, or just the first week for my child?
Each week is complete in itself. If you are not certain, it is usually best to select one week, particularly for the youngest campers.
- What medical personnel is there while my child is at camp?
We have a Nationally Certified Athletic Trainer at camp at all times.
- May I cancel my registration?
View our Worry-Free & Flexbile Cancelltion Policy for more information.
- Is individual instruction available at camp?
Yes. During free time periods we can assign a coach to work with your child on a specific skill.
- Is the camp very competitive?
Everyone starts one game a day and every camper must play at least half the game. Campers are assigned to leagues based on both age and ability level.
- What additional activities are available at the camp facility?
Other supervised activities include multi-sport competitions, an obstacle course, ping-pong, canteen and individual instruction, along with outdoor movie viewing.
*Activites will be dependent on Health & Safety restrictions and are subject to change.
- What is the menu like?
New protocols will take place to deliver meals using health & safety protocols consistent with County Health Department guidelines.
We do not cook with any nut oils. Please visit the Director at check-in if your child has any food allergies.
- Where do the kids sleep at camp?
Campers are housed in single occupancy dorm rooms. View a video of our dorms here.
- Will I receive a confirmation?
Yes, upon registering you will receive an email confirmation & instruction packet.
- Does my child need extra money at camp?
No extra money is required at camp. Canteen pricing is built into your camper's tuition package.
- What is the procedure if my child flies to camp?
The camp does not provide airport transportation. The nearest Airport to our camp is Phila. International Airport ( 25 minutes away). If you are planning on flying to camp, you will need to make arrangements to get from the airport to/from camp (Phila/NY/DC). We can recommend King Limo for all of your transportation needs. They provide a special discount for campers and groups:
Phone Number: 610-233-1013 (primary)
Contact Person: Mike Davis
- What to do in Philly?
Click here for information on the many things you can do in Philly around the camp schedule.
- May I visit the camp during the week?
No. To ensure safety of campers, insurance regulations prohibit guests (including parents) from visiting.
- Is there bus transportation?
No, but campers can take a bus to the Philadelphia bus terminal and then take a taxi/Uber/Lyft to the camp.
Camp is approximately 30 minutes from the bus station.
- What is the phone policy?
Pay phones are available, but we try and limit calls to the end of the week. Our efforts are to keep all calls to a minimum. Campers may bring their cell phone but it must remain in their room at all times.
- May I change my week?You are welcome to change your week(s) at anytime as long as space is available in the session of your choice. You cannot do this online - just call our office when a change of week is needed
- May I change my shirt size?Kids will be given any size they want at camp. Size listed on application is mainly to estimate our orders.
- Where is the staff from?
The counselors are all college players along with coaches from all levels of college & high school & the pros.
- May I have a referral of someone who has attended camp previously?
Camp testimonials can be found here. If you'd like an additional reference, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-668-7676.
- When are my Medical Forms due?
Medical forms are due 30 days prior to camp and must be signed by a physician. All forms must be on file in our office to participate in the program.
To access your camper portal and complete all forms, click here.
- Who are the Guest Speakers?
There are generally a few speakers each week (current and former NBA players and coaches). Visitors will be dependent on Health & Safety restrictions and are subject to change.
*Note: All photos and names of players are those of personalities that have appeared at 76ers Camps in the past. The photos and videos are not intended to reflect scheduled appearances during your specific session. Guest speakers include current 76ers players and legends and all appearances are based on availability.
- What time should I pick up my child on the last day?
Please pick up your child at 11:30 AM on the final day of camp.
- What time should I arrive for registration?
Between 1:00 and 3:00. Our program will begin promptly at 3:00.
- Coed weeks - do boys & girls play against each other?
No. They each have their own leagues, court and dorm complex.
- Is there time to do other things at camp?
While most of the program will include basketball related activities, there is an opportunity each day to swim, challenge yourself on the obstacle course, team building and outdoor movies. Multiple week campers watch movies outside on Friday night, have a visit from a 76ers Legends on Saturday and tour the 76ers Training Complex on Sunday.
- My child would like to be in the same teaching group as his/her friend?
If ages are similar, they are most always assigned to the same teaching group. If not, please see the site Director.
- What if my child has to take medication while at camp?
We have a Nurse at camp at all times to administer medication as prescribed. Please vist the nurse during check in if your child needs medication at camp.
- Do you provide transportation?
Jr. 76ers Camps do not provide transportation. We recommend King Limo for your transportation needs. They provide a special discount for campers and groups:
Phone Number: 610-233-1013
Contact Person: Mike Davis
- What does the Health & Safety fee cover?
This fee covers PPE equipment, temperature scanning, facial coverings, thorough cleaning of camp spaces during the day/between sessions, and additional personnel to maintain new health & safety standards.