NEW FOR SUMMER 2023!
The Jr. 76ers Gamers Camp combines the excitement of 76ers Basketball and NBA2K! This comprehensive experience will focus on daily skill development, health & fitness, life skills, mindset & psychology, and competition.
The program, for girls and boys ages 9 to 17, is led by professional coaches, who are leaders in this space, will digitally engage players in a play-centric approach to help them learn and grown in esports.
Summer 2023 Dates & Locations:
- June 26 to June 30 at Camden County College (Cherry Hill, NJ)
- July 17 to July 21 at Neumann University (Aston, PA)
- July 24 to July 28 at Camden County College (Cherry Hill, NJ)
- August 7 to August 11 at Holy Family University (Philadelphia, PA)
- August 14 to August 18 at Camden County College (Cherry Hill, NJ)
Why Esports is a Good Thing
Here’s What You’ll Learn:
The popularity of esports continues to grow. And while research shows that participation in school activities improves students’ performance and overall well-being, parents and educators have resisted the ideas of organized esports. But based on current trends, that may be set to change for the better.
- Esports Brings Success to More Students
- By offering esports as a summer camp, we’re able engage gamers who are otherwise disengaged. This translates to the school year where they will be more likely to engage during class. More likely to graduate. More likely to aspire to higher education.
- Inclusion is Good for Students and the Community
- Gaming can be an isolating pastime. When gamers join our summer camp esports team, it becomes a social experience. Strong social connections boost immune function and positive mental health.
- Campers Learn Valuable Skills Playing Esports
- It’s intuitive, team sports teach valuable skills:
- Working with others – teamwork, cooperation & collaboration.
- Social Skills – the building blocks of interpersonal relationships
- Strategic thinking and planning – goal setting, assessing the competition, understanding individual strengths & weaknesses.
- Managing success and failure
- Time management
- Travel skills – opportunity to plan, pack, budget, schedule and manage the ins and outs of travel
- Pro-social values – good sportsmanship, fairness, respect, persistence, honesty, fun and healthy competition
- Esports Fosters STEM Learning
- Gamers who are drawn to gaming are often captivated by the broader technology ecosystem which encourages them to pursue careers in lucrative STEM-related fields.
- Esports Expands College & Career Opportunities
- Involved gamers are more likely to go on to higher education. Beyond this benefit, esports provides students with added options for their next steps in life.
- Please note, medical insurance cards are required for each gamer.
- Experienced coaches providing game instruction and skill development.
- Gamers will be outfitted in Jr. 76ers Gamers gear.
- Curriculum developed by 76ers Gaming Club and ESF Camps Experiences.
- NBA2K will be the featured game, but Gamers will have the opportunity to learn several other esports, such as: League of Legends, Rocket League, Super Smash Bros, and Overwatch.
Early Gamer Arrival
Gamer Arrival/Daily Meeting
Stretching & Warmup
Positional Focus: Point Guard
Skill Development: Strategic Thinking
League Game #1
|1:15 p.m.||League Game #2|
|2:00 p.m.||Intro to League of Legends|
|2:30 p.m.||Spirit of ’76 Character Development: Respect|
|2:45 p.m.||End of Day Meeting/Cleanup|
|3:00 p.m.||Gamer Dismissal|
CAMP SESSION & REGISTRATION
Questions? View our JR. 76ERS GAMERS CAMP FAQS!
Camp Sessions & Registration
Camp Start Dates
*Please note that a $25 non-refundable registration fee will be applied to your balance at check out. This fee is charged once per family.